We provide around £2m in grants every year to charities working in Scotland. The Trust will consider applications for:
- revenue or capital costs
- project funding or core funding
- one off awards (small and main grants)
- multi-year awards for up to 3 years (main grants only)
There is no deadline for our small grants programme. You can apply for up to £10,000 at any time of year. We aim to make decisions as soon as we can. When you apply, we will let you know how long it will be before you get a response.
Note that multi-year applications are unable to be considered under this programme.
We award our main grants twice a year. These are grants of more than £10,000, with an average award of around £30,000. The deadline for your application depends on the theme of your work.
Medical Research Grants
We accept applications for research into neurological conditions, visual impairment or sight loss. If you’d like to apply for a research grant, we suggest contacting our Director to discuss your ideas.
- Universities can apply for seedcorn or unrestricted funding for specific academics, research groups or centres who will carry out research in one of our areas of charitable concern.
- Charities can apply for specific research projects that have completed a peer review process.